If Mr. Waffle and Mrs. Cookie had a child, it would be the the waffle cookie! Waffle cookies are baked in a waffle iron, giving them the same pockets and soft consistency as waffles, but with the flavor of delicious chocolate cookies. Waffle cookies are a hit not matter where I take them! And the best part is? They are incredibly quick and easy to make! This recipe is one that was handed down from my grandma, to my mom, and now to me.
Recipe yields 3 dozen
1/2 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
6 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cups flour
2 tablespoons margarine
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 tablespoon milk
Make icing by melting margarine on the stove top. Add cocoa and milk, and add powdered sugar to thicken to frosting consistency.
- Warm waffle iron.
- Cream margarine and sugar, add eggs and vanilla.
- Add cocoa, cinnamon, salt, and milk. Beat well.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Drop one spoon of dough in each square of waffle iron. Close lid. Bake 1 minute.
- Open waffle iron. Remove cookies using a fork. Ice cookies while warm. It's easiest to ice the cookies during the minute the next batch is cooking.
Author bio: Sarah Beckman is a bride-to-be who is trying her hardest to master the art of cooking before her October wedding. She loves to cook with her mom, and her specialties are tacos, homemade pizza, and various types of cookies.