Monday, September 12, 2011

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Blondies


When I was assigned to Lesa's blog, Edesia's Notebook for this month's Secret Recipe Club, I immediately knew which recipe I wanted to make - Peanut Butter Blondies. So far, I had never been ever to find a recipe for it that suited me. The ones I made previously just weren't peanut buttery enough.

From the looks of her post, it looked like Edesia had encountered the same problem. Her solution? She took this recipe, decreased the butter and increased the peanut butter. Now we're talking! How does 3/4 cup of peanut butter to 1 cup of flour sound to you? It sounded like a winner to me, so I eagerly went to my kitchen to try this recipe for myself. The only changes I made were to use crunchy peanut butter and semisweet chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips.


Memo to me: peanut butter + butter + brown sugar = pure heaven in a bowl. That beginning mixture alone was tempting; I literally wanted to spread it on everything. But, with extreme will power, I pressed on. The resulting blondies were everything I could ever want. The peanut butter taste was front and center. Each bite was chewy and dense and the semisweet chocolate chips I sprinkled on top added the perfect touch.


Thank you Lesa for helping me to finally find that perfect peanut butter blondie recipe!

Peanut Butter Choc Chip Blondies (Edesia's Notebook)

6 Tbsp. butter, softened
3/4 c. peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1 c. light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
semisweet chocolate chips (for sprinkling)

Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease an 8x8 pan.

Cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, and beat until combined. Add the flour and baking powder; mix to form a dough.

Spread the dough in the prepared pan and bake in the oven for 25-30 min., or until golden brown and almost firm in the center.

Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before removing and cutting into squares.

22 comments:

  1. Great choice, Lisa! So glad you liked it. That recipe is still prob my favorite homemade dessert. So glad I could pass it along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment lisa. i'm so happy you liked the banana blondies and tried it with 4 tbsp of butter. can't wait to see your post on it. these look great too... love anything with PB. :-)

    i love the idea of sweets for a saturday - i will contribute more.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm beyond giddy to give these a try sometime soon. I have all of the ingredients on hand and know that my family would love these. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look fantastic! My hubby has a birthday this week and LOVES peanut butter! I might have to make a batch just for him! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with blondies. I made some for one of my SRC picks too. These look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look just fantastic. I am making them tonight. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those do look like they contain lots of peanut buttery goodness.


    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Welsh Cakes.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...being a peanut butter nut (no pun intended)... these are right up my crave alley. they look incredible..and I'm filing these away for a 'when I'm good' weekend :) Excellent SRC choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa what lovely and yummy blondies! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I'm bookmarking these. Because you know about my peanut butter and chocolate problem. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are pure paradise Lisa! My Dad just requested blondies too! Good timing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blondies look fabulous Lisa, great pick for this months SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are heading out of town this weekend, these might need to come as food for the road, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! These bars look super tempting...peanut butter and chocolate are the best combo ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am making these in the morning!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmmmm....what a delicious cookie bar! Nothing beats pb and chocolate :) Excellent SRC post, Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds good to me! These would be gone in a minute around here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks great! Combination of pb and choc never fails!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can never have too much peanut butter! Great recipe Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WoW! that makes me drool.. i super crave for it right now. .

    ReplyDelete
  21. WoW! that looks really delicious.. so tempting.=D

    ReplyDelete