Friday, May 18, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups


Okay, I'm sorry if you're tired of cookie cups but I simply can't stop myself. I've just got way too many ideas that I'm eager to try out and, of course, I want to share them with all of you. I promise that I've also got a few cookie cup surprise recipes up my sleeve and, if they work, they are going to revolutionize the cookie cup. At least I think so, but I'll let you be the judge when the time comes.



For now, you simply can't go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter. The chocolate cookie is so thick and chewy, and then you've got this creamy peanut butter cream cheese frosting just bursting out when you bite into it. Top it all off with more chocolate (cause you can never have enough) and the only sounds coming out of people's mouths when they eat this will be, "MMMMMM."



Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cups (created by Sweet as Sugar Cookies)

Chocolate Cookies (adapted from Annie's Eats)

1 c. butter, softened
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting (Sweet as Sugar Cookies)

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
8 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
1 c. powdered sugar

melted semisweet chocolate (for drizzling)

For the cookie cups: Cream the butter and sugar. Blend in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended. Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the bowl and stir in until just incorporated.

Grease mini muffin tins. Fill each muffin cup about halfway with dough. Bake at 350F for 13-15 min. until a toothpick comes out clean. While still warm, make a dent in the middle of each one with a small spoon of your finger. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 min. before removing from the tins.

For the frosting: Beat the cream cheese with the peanut butter until smooth and well combined. Beat in the powdered sugar until fluffy.

After chilling, pipe the frosting into each cup. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate. Store in the fridge until ready to serve.

9 comments:

  1. PERFECT party treats, how pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally in love !! will watch out for this space for more cookie cups !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is better than chocolate and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so delicious, my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Lisa! These look so yummy! I wanted to let you know I posted a link. I couldn't find another place to post a comment. Hope it's okay to post here. Thank you for hosting!

    Leslie
    http://www.dishingwithleslie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never get tired of cookie cups. These look irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at "Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting"!

    ReplyDelete