Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookie Cups


There's just something about cookie dough that is irresistible. When I was a kid, we used to make chocolate chip cookies and, as I rolled the dough into balls to prep them for baking, a ball or two always made it into my mouth.


I'm sure you understand exactly what I'm talking about. Logically, you know that you're supposed to bake the dough and you know that the dough, when baked, will taste delicious. But, there's still some psychological portion of you that thinks the raw cookie dough is even yummier. Unfortunately, there's that little problem involving raw eggs in cookie dough which, while it may not deter everything, is enough to keep me from snacking on the dough these days (even though I really, really want to).


With this cookie dough recipe, created by Aimee of Shugary Sweets, problem solved. There are NO eggs in this dough so go ahead and eat it at will. She made it into bite-sized chocolate covered truffles, but I decided to go a different route and, what else, used it to fill some chocolate cookie cups.



If you love cookie dough, then these cookie cups are for you. They're one deliciously sugary bite after another bringing back all those childhood (or in some cases, adult) memories of dipping your finger or a spoon into the mixing bowl and snitching a taste before someone could catch you. No one will stop you this time, so enjoy!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cookie Cups (created by Sweet as Sugar Cookies)

Chocolate Cookie Cups

12 Tbsp. salted butter, at room temperature (if using unsalted, add 3/8 tsp. salt)
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling (from Shugary Sweets)

1 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp. butter, softened
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. flour
pinch salt
1/4 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips

For the cookie cups:

Cream the butter with the sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the cocoa powder. Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix to combine.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin tins. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with the dough. Bake for 10 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the cookie cups have risen above the muffin cups, simply use a spoon to flatten them down so they are level with the muffin cups.

While still warm, make a well in the center of each cookie cup with a small spoon or your finger. Chill the cookie cups in the fridge for at least 30-60 min. before removing from the tins.

For the cookie dough filling:

Beat the cream cheese and butter until creamy. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat in the flour and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips.

For the assembly:

When chilled, remove the cookie cups from the tins. Scoop up a little of the chocolate chip cookie dough filling and fill each cookie cup. Drizzle with melted dark chocolate, if desired.

Makes 36 cookie cups

9 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a pattern here! Cookie cups are really a great way to get two cookies in one bite! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa. Wow! These look like cookie heaven. Thank you for sharing yet another delicious post with me...and thank you for your sweet words on my newly designed blog. I really appreciate your visits! I hope you are having a happy day! http://www.anecdotesandapples.com/polenta-and-honey-cookies-with-homemade-caramel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a total sucker for cookie dough, but like you, I usually try to resist due to the raw eggs. I can't wait to try this egg-free version & gobble cookie dough to my heart's content!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing Lisa. Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cookie cups and I see you have quite a variety. My daughter would love the mint chocolate ones...and me if I made them for her. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You say to add in the milk but there's no amount listed! Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It says to add milk in your recipe but there's no amount listed--and I've got everything mixed up! Ack!

    ReplyDelete