Monday, April 16, 2012

Muddy Buddy Ritz Peanut Butter Truffles


Last week, I made some No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars using Ritz Crackers. And, they were very good.

But, let's say you wanted to share this yumminess with someone else. And, let's say that you wanted to present them in a way that would really impress. What do you do? You turn them into truffles. But, not just any truffles. If you've seen my Muddy Buddy Madness before, then you know what I had to do - Muddy Budd-ify them!

That's right. I formed that peanut buttery layer into little balls, dipped them in a mixture of chocolate and peanut butter, and dusted them with some powdered sugar. Sensational and super pretty! Oh, and of course, they're delicious.




Muddy Buddy Ritz Peanut Butter Truffles (adapted from Six Sisters' Stuff and created by Sweet as Sugar Cookies)

1/2 c. butter or margarine, melted
1 c. Ritz cracker crumbs
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 c. peanut butter
powdered sugar (to coat)

In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and chill in the fridge for 30-60 min.

Put some powdered sugar into a bowl. Melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter in the microwave or a double boiler. Stir together to combine. Dip the balls in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture and drop them in the powdered sugar to coat (it's easiest if you just sort of shake the bowl to move the truffle around). Put the truffle in your hand and shake off the excess sugar. Let sit on some waxed paper to let the chocolate set.

Makes a lot

9 comments:

  1. These sound amazing! I love how simple they are to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you gotta stop. Really. I've gained like 20 lbs just reading your posts, ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delectable! I love the touch of salty with the sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These I would hoard and eat them all. They look fantastic! Come visit. We have a wonderful Greek recipe to share today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this version of the peanut butter truffle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I"m going to make these for a fish fry this weekend! They sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really sound delicious - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa - is it okay if I use one of your pictures when I post this? I pinned it so it links back to you and lists you as the source. I snapped a really cruddy picture at the picnic I was at. Let me know if this is okay, thanks!

    ReplyDelete