Sunday, May 31, 2015

Lime Raspberry Swirled Blondies

 

For this month's Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned to the blog, "Baking and Creating with Avril."  When you read her profile, you'll find that it's short and sweet.  She states that she started her blog to share her love of being in the kitchen.  Then, once you start perusing her blog, you'll find that it's totally sweet and anything but short.  She has recipes that will have you bookmarking for days, which naturally made it difficult to choose just one to share.  As a result, I went ahead and made TWO of her recipes instead - the Cranberry Almond Cake, and the Raspberry Swirl Blondies.


I dressed up the blondies a bit by adding some lime zest to the batter.  Just so you know, the batter will not look like a lot when you put it into the pan (I almost thought about making more), but it puffs up beautifully in the oven.  Once baked, I finished them off with drizzled white chocolate and chopped almonds.  The flavor combo of the raspberry and lime was fantastic!  And the blondies themselves were chewy, cakey, and melt in your mouth good.  I would love to try these out again using a different type of jam, maybe blueberry, or apricot, yummmmy!!!


Thanks Avril for giving me a keeper of a recipe!

Raspberry Swirl Blondies (adapted from Baking and Creating with Avril)

1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter, melted
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. lime zest (I added this)
1/3 c. raspberry jam

white chocolate, melted for drizzing
1/4 c. chopped almonds

Preheat oven to 350F.  Line an 8x8 pan with foil.  Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.  Rub the lime zest into the sugar with your fingers until fragrant.  Combine the sugar with the melted butter, then beat in the egg and vanilla.  Stir in the dry ingredients.  Spread evenly into the pan and dollop with the raspberry jam.  Use a butterknife to swirl it into the batter.  Bake for 25-30 min., or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool, then drizzle with the white chocolate and sprinkle with the chopped almonds.  



20 comments:

  1. These would be dangerous to have in our house. I think I'd eat them all! Great pick this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That raspberry swirl is so pretty! And these sound just delicious :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look incredible! Wish I had one to go with my coffee right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, once again, you killed it. These look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I am honored you had my blog this month for SRC!!! Thank you so very much for your sweet and kind words...you are a gem :-) I love that you combined 2 of my recipes into one - BRILLIANT!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous, and sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh these look fantastic! Wonderful choice for the SRC this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look amazing - I wish I had one with my cup of coffee right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What delicious-looking blondies! I love your addition of lime zest too. These are perfect for brunch or a late afternoon snack.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice, i really like it.if you enjoy our site as if you pla t follow: http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post. please share new recipe related post. We are waiting.

    Regards
    Nutribullet recipes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I love the way you introduce your recipes with the people. I love to cook but I´m learning with my new camera and with my laptop. whatever thanks for sharing the beautiful food details i will try to prepare that king of food.
    fresh food delivery services | order desserts online in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incorporated in the year 2010, Amba Steel is one of the foremost organizations in the market, vastly known as manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, traders, retailers and suppliers of Food Equipment. Our offered items incorporates of Rotary Oven, Planetary Mixture Machine and Spiral Mixer. These items are generally refreshing and praised in the business sector for their ideal completion, predominant quality, low upkeep and dependable execution. Alongside this, these are given in different shapes, sizes and different determinations as per global quality models and rules.

    VIEW MORE -

    commercial oven in delhi
    rotary oven manufacturer delhi
    biscuit oven manufacturer in delhi
    Cookies dropping machine in delhi
    commercial bakery equipment in delhi
    bakery machine manufacturers in delhi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like it,Your gold hni calls really rocks I, made good Profits in a single call, Good follow up in time to time...

    Silver Free Tips

    ReplyDelete