Sunday, May 3, 2015

Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Banana Bread


For this month's Secret Recipe Club, I was assigned to Danielle's blog, Mostly Food and Crafts.  She is a stay at home mother to two lovely children.  And, from the looks of her blog, she is one amazing mother too. There are so many posts about recipes and crafts that she made, not by herself, but with her children.  I can only imagine how much fun they must have together and how much they are learning every day.  And, since Danielle herself is a fantastic cook and crafter, you know that they're learning from the best!  

While browsing through her blog, I came across some very yummy recipes that I wanted to try:  Toffee Squares (which I still intend to make this week), Rosemary Sriracha Chicken (oh yes!), and her Swirled Pumpkin and Chocolate Cheesecake (decadent and so pretty).  But, the recipe I decided to go with was her Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Banana Bread.  It seemed to combine all of my favorites - banana bread, pumpkin bread, and cinnamon bread, all in one.  Now how could I resist that?


The bread was super moist and flavorful.  And it was interesting because sometimes you would take a bite and taste more banana, and other times you would take a bite and taste more pumpkin.  Of course, all the bites were super delicious and that cinnamon swirl completed the trifecta.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  


Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Banana Bread (adapted from Mostly Food and Crafts)

2 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (I increased this to 1 1/2 tsp.)
3/4 c. pumpkin puree
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
1/3 c. plain Greek yogurt
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

For the swirl:
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon (I increased this to 1 Tbsp.)

Combine the bananas and pumpkin and mix well.  Add in the brown sugar, butter, and yogurt, then beat in the eggs and vanilla.  Combine the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients, mixing till just combined.  Grease 4 mini loaf pans.  Fill each pan with 1/2 c. batter.  Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of the cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Top off with 1/2 c. of batter and spread evenly.  Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar.  Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.


12 comments:

  1. Im so glad you liked it and thank you so much for the kind words!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great-sounding combination of flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Just wanted to let you know I had your blog this month! I made your peanut butter turkey meatballs...such a great recipe! My fiance and I loved loved loved it. :) And, this sweet bread looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck! Cinnamon, pumpkin and banana all rolled into one? Yes, please! Sounds amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant' seem to get enough of pumpkin at the moment, so this bread sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to save this recipe for the fall - looks perfect for a September/October brunch. So moist and lovely, I can almost smell the spices now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baking with pumpkin is one of may favorites! And bananas too!! Wonderful pick for SRC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking a lot regarding this topic, so thanks for bringing it up here. You certainly have a good writing style i like, so will be subscribing to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the brown sugar was left out of your ingredients. the linked recipe calls for 3/4 cup.

    ReplyDelete