Thursday, June 14, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cookie Cups


Somewhere in the middle of my cookie cup craze, I got an e-mail from my good blogger friend, Katrina from Baking and Boys. She suggested that I come up with a chocolate-raspberry cookie cup. Well, you don't need to ask me twice for that one. I have loved raspberry chocolates ever since I was a kid. Whenever we got a box of chocolates, I'd take a knife and cut them all open looking for the one elusive raspberry filled chocolate in the entire box. Lucky for me, my family didn't mind and their favorite chocolates were ones with different fillings, so it was all mine.



Originally, I figured on making a chocolate cookie cup and filling it with raspberry buttercream. But, then I remembered that I still had some chocolate ganache in my freezer from a cooking class I recently took. I also had a jar of raspberry jam. I decided to make a cookie cup in homage of my favorite chocolate - a Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cookie Cup.



So, I took some of that chocolate ganache and filled the cookie cups halfway with it. Then, I dolloped on the raspberry jam and drizzled it all over with white chocolate. One word - decadent!!! I know that I keep saying that this one or that one is my favorite cookie cup of all, but this time, I really mean it. These are my all-time favorites!!! I made only a small batch of them as an experiment, but after tasting it, I lamented the fact that I hadn't made more. Oh boy did I ever want more, lots more. Memo to me - make another batch of these next week, and maybe the week after that, and maybe the week after that. Chocolate raspberry rules! If you make these, and I hope you will, then I hope you're the only chocolate raspberry lover in your family because you will want them all to yourself. Otherwise, hide them. :)

And Katrina, can't thank you enough for the great inspiration. I think you'll love these.

Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Cookie Cups (created by Sweet as Sugar Cookies)

1 c. salted butter, at room temperature (if using unsalted, add 1/2 tsp. salt)
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda

6 Tbsp. chocolate ganache
6 Tbsp. raspberry jam
melted white chocolate, for drizzling

Cream the butter with the sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the cocoa powder. Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix to combine.

Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease mini muffin tins. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full with the dough. Bake for 10 min. or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the cookie cups have risen above the muffin cups, simply use a spoon to flatten them down so they are level with the muffin cups.

While still warm, make a well in the center of each cookie cup with a small spoon or your finger. Chill the muffin tins in the fridge for 30-60 min. before removing the cookie cups.

After the cookie cups have chilled, fill each one with 1/2 tsp. of chocolate ganache. Top that off with 1/2 tsp. raspberry jam. Alternately, you could do the raspberry jam first and then top with the ganache. Drizzle with melted white chocolate.

Note: I don't have a recipe for the chocolate ganache, since I don't have permission to share the one from my class. But, any recipe for chocolate ganache will do.

7 comments:

  1. Wow...those are awesome. No wonder they are your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Katrina suggested this combo-it's a favorite of mine too and these sound WONDERFUL!! I have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, YES! LOVE the added, hiding chocolate ganache. I will have to make these soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a cookie cup roll =o) and these look HEAVENLY! I absolutely love chocolate and raspberry together. And with ganache? Oh man. I would like these right now, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. exactly what I was looking for! I was going to make one myself because I had a vision of chocolate and raspberry but nota cookie nota a cake and I found this!! awesome!

    ReplyDelete