Sunday, February 1, 2015

Honey Garlic Glazed Meatballs - SRC

 

After a good long break, it was time to get back into the swing of things with the Secret Recipe Club.  And, to make the new year even brighter, we're starting it off with some new members.  Yay!  It's always a lot of fun to be able to "meet" new people via their blogs and to have a fresh batch of recipes to choose from.  Speaking of recipes, this month I was assigned to the blog, "Colie's Kitchen," and holy smokes, she has a TON of recipes.  It was like an encyclopedia's worth of gastronomic goodies.  I've often had trouble narrowing things down in the past, but this time, the task seemed almost impossible.  What about her Honey Garlic Glazed Meatballs, Beef Asian Meatballs, or the Meatball Sub Casserole?  My gosh, that's just the meatballs!  Then, I began looking at her chicken recipes.  There was Salsa Chicken Casserole, Crustless Pot Pie Over Biscuits, and Mushroom Spinach Chicken.  Can't forget the veggies either:  Sesame Roasted Carrots, Parmesan Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Garlic Balsamic Glazed Mushrooms.  At the end of this fine, virtual feast, I came to dessert - Nilla Wafer Banana Bread.  Oh, I have died and gone to foodie heaven.

But, who is "Colie" of Colie's Kitchen, you ask?  Let me introduce you!  Her name is Nicole and she is well-rounded in every sense of the word.  Mother, wife, college student, couponer, crafter, scuba diver, snorkeler, and, of course, cook.  She even plays ice hockey.  Yes, she does it all!  I highly encourage you to visit her blog and see all the delicious goodness in person.

 

It was a tough job narrowing down my recipe list, but I finally decided to go with the Honey Garlic Glazed Meatballs.  They looked simply irresistible.  And believe me, they were!  The sauce was slightly sweet, tangy, and finger-licking good.  I added some cayenne pepper to kick things up a notch too.  There was enough for my dinner one night and, even better, enough for leftovers the next two days too.  I enjoyed every single meatball and wished I had more of them when they were gone.  I'm definitely going to add this to my list of keepers.

Thanks Colie for your amazing meatballs!

Honey Garlic Glazed Meatballs (slightly adapted from Colie's Kitchen)

1 lb. cooked meatballs
2-4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c. honey
3/4 c. ketchup
3 Tbsp. soy sauce  
cayenne pepper to taste

Combine the ingredients for the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.  Add the meatballs and cook until nice and hot. 



       

8 comments:

  1. I'm always going to events that require me to bring a dish, and this one looks like a winner. Great SRC choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Lisa, these look crazy good.
    Glad to be back in the same group with you again. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE meatballs. They're delicious and also so fun. :) These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice Lisa - can't go wrong with meatballs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, these meatballs look so very good. The pictures literally had me salivating. I can't wait to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cool stuffs you have shared, feel pleasure in prearranging recipes by referring your website

    ReplyDelete
  7. i need sugar free cookies for sharing...anyway thanks for sharing...my blog.. email hosting in erode

    ReplyDelete