Friday, August 6, 2010

Hooked on Blondies


This is another well loved recipe on the Internet and, after making it once, I too became a follower of this delectable blondie. It is chewy, it is cakey, it is the best snickerdoodle you will ever eat.

It is definitely a keeper for my recipe collection. Of course, I realize that I am but one humble reviewer. Therefore, I will also tell you that my family absolutely loved them as well. I made an 8x8 pan which was promptly eaten by the three of them and was almost gone in a matter of hours. Only a couple pieces remained and those were taken by my sister for her breakfast the next morning. What's more, they all unanimously requested that I make another pan that very same day. If that doesn't convince you, then I say make these blondies and let them speak for themselves. Your tummy will thank you.

Snickerdoodle Blondies (from Dozen Flours)

2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.

Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.

Stir in the flour mixture until well blended. Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat cookiebatter-ish.) Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.


4 comments:

  1. I love blondies as is, but snickerdoodle blondies sound absolutely out of this world!!

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom has this recipe she put on bestkeptrecipes.net thats her site for her blondies i absolutely love it and i'm not that good of a baker they were so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve these blondies! They are so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PU-lease! You and your family know a good thing! As does mine as I've made these for years and so often I had the recipe memorized! :) You have me wishing I had some.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete